Wednesday 31 October 2018

through the years: october

It's the end of the month, so here's a look into outfits I've worn during various Octobers since 2011:




 2011: In theory I still like the first outfit. I would wear a beret, I would wear leopard print, I would wear something similar to the trousers, and I do still have the black body. Not into the whole silhouette, though - I just never wear anything that's not high-waisted anymore. Haven't in years. But I think it was still a cute look. On the other hand, I still love this dress. I don't wear it as often (and it looks as if it fit me better seven years ago..) but I'm going to! At the moment it's at my mum's, so I'll have to at least wear it all the time when I visit around/before Christmas. I've actually used this same pattern for a couple of dresses, but this was the first one out of them and I just think it's really cute.



 2012: Two peak uni outfits from my first year! Out of the first one I only have the cardigan (and some of the jewellery) in my current wardrobe - because it was made by my grandma and I love it. A tank top and a little tube-y skirt would not perhaps be my preferred outfit of today, but back then I definitely wore something like this a lot and it was an easy everyday outfit for uni. The second one is equally easy and something I wore a lot. And it's more to my liking at the moment. I still have the headband/scarf that I love and the London sweater that I also love. The sweater is getting very old and the material is thinning, though (which isn't that surprising as it used to be my mum's and is at least thirty years old!). I'm going to be so sad when I have to part with it. Just as I was sad to part with my trusty red boots - they were good'uns. I'm pretty sure I even have my WWF bag (that I used as a shopping bag) somewhere! I'd happily wear this again (with different boots since I don't have red ones anymore and would probably want black ones anyway) BUT I don't actually own a black skirt at the minute. I had at least four different ones back in 2012 so why isn't there even one left now? Isn't a black skirt a basic item everyone should have?


 2013: This was a pretty standard uni outfit as well. Loved a dress with a Peter Pan collar (I still do, but don't think I own any!) and loved a hat (I still do, but don't wear them as often - even though I do still have this one!). Again, I think this is cute. I used to have a lot of quite simple dresses like this in different colours, and I kind of want to go back to that. They were so easy to just throw on and find some little things to accessorize them with. And this dress had pockets, too. Also, all these pictures of my uni room are bringing back all the memories and feelings.


 2014: I 100% did not wear this in October, but that's when I posted it and it was the only thing I really had from October of 2014. I love this vintage dress and still wear it and will hopefully get it out of the closet even more often next summer and in the future. The shoes, however, were Primark trash that I had to try and glue together after the first week of wearing them and bin them shortly after. A shame but, what else would you really expect. In other news, how amazing does my hair look, I might be wanting to go for the chop again.


 2015: I just never blog in the autumn and this is basically the only picture of myself from October 2015. I still love and wear this vintage shirt, so that's that. Also, would love to have these doughnuts again.


 2016: Similar to the previous year, I never posted in October and this is one of the only photos of me from that month. It's a good jumper, though. And I suppose I chose these two pictures just because I'm missing gluten, haha!


2018: I didn't have anything from 2017, so here we are back in the current year. If you've not seen it yet, you can find a lot of autumnal photos of me in this gorgeous yellow vintage suit in this post.

Let me know which is your favourite October-Laura!

If you've enjoyed this, there's more of past outfits from past months to be found here:
JanFebMarAprMayJunJul&AugSep |
SHARE:

2 comments

Corinne said...

I'm not sure which I liked the best. The red dress I think!

I always go for dresses haha.

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Hena Tayeb said...

What a great way to see how you and your style have evolved over the years.

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig