Sunday 30 September 2018

through the years: september

 The last time(s) I did these Through the years posts, I kind of stopped before the end of the year. One of the reasons being that I seem to often not post in September for some reason. But I really like doing these and going through old photos and blog posts, so wanted to get back to this series. So here's some outfits from past Septembers:



2011: I remember loving this outfit. And, honestly, I still do. The cardigan was so good and so versatile, and even though you can't really see them I loved these shoes. I was very into yellow back in around 2011, and now I'm very much into yellow again. 100% would still wear something like this today. And this grandma's old yellow scarf is still such a staple - I wear it all the time, all year round. Although, nowadays I mostly have a backpack on me, I do actually use this Marimekko bag (that you can't really see) as well when I have less things to carry around. Things I probably try to avoid, though: taking pictures with the bin in the background (lmao).


 2012: This is so 2012 but I love it. Out of this outfit I only have the hat in my possession anymore, and I wish I wore it more often. I think this might've been the hat that started my tiny hat collection! Even though it is very 2012, it's a great hat and I will actually try to wear it this autumn. I still love the denim dress and think I might need to find a new one. And those red boots. Would not mind having a new pair of red boots either. I have a thing for red shoes, but don't actually own any at the moment, so what's that all about? The jumper was lovely too, but I've actually turned it into a laptop case, haha! Also, I remember the day I took these pictures so well, as I had just been accepted into uni and was about to move to Leeds. Sort of can't believe it's been this long, sort of it feels like a forever ago.



 2013: I chose two from 2013, since I have none from 2014-2017 ( I genuinely just seem to not blog for most of Septembers!). I'm a bit unsure about the first one - is it cool&cute pattern mixing or just a bit too much. Either way, these were/are some of my favourite pieces. The blazer is actually my mum's and if she still has it, I might borrow it again when I visit. The boxer pup pattern shirt was the one for a while, but these polka dot shorts continue being my favourite year after year. It'll be a sad day once they fall apart. I still love over-the-knee socks, but don't think I wear them that often. Maybe that's something I should try doing this autumn as well? And the second one is a dress I made. I don't like it as much anymore, but don't have the heart to part with it yet either. I might modify it and see if that'll make any difference. (Also, hello at my short hair!)


2015: I didn't actually post in September this year, but since I was doing Project 365 I still had one photo of myself in this mega post. This is 100% still my look, and you can see this same dress in full later on, in a later year. And my mourning hat is my absolute favourite thing.


2016: Another crappy picture I only have because I was doing Project 365 (didn't do it in 2017, so have no pictures from that year). This was when I started uni again, how cute. (Still here, though.) And this checkered dress is definitely still one of my go-to outfits.


2018: And here's my latest outfit post (check it out if you haven't yet!) and the same 'funeral' dress as in 2015. And in some of the pictures in this post you can see me wearing the same sunglasses as in 2013 (think they were actually new back then!).

Let me know which Laura-outfit is your favourite!

If you want to see the previous Through the years -posts, you can find them here: JanFebMarAprMayJunJul&Aug 
SHARE:

2 comments

Hena Tayeb said...

What a wonderful way to look back at see how you and your fashion has evolved!

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

Laura Jones said...

Hena Tayeb - thank you, dear! i really like doing these posts and doing just that! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig