Friday 14 September 2018

ruissalo-love


 You know how I'm continuously gushing about Ruissalo? Here's some more of that! It is just such a gorgeous little island and a 100% one of my favourite places in Turku.

Ruissalo is actually quite small (7km long and not more than a few km in width throughout), but there's so much to see and explore. The walking path I've been most excited for is the one that goes past a lot of these 'lace villas'. Along the path you get to see the villas, pretty nature and possibly even some deer, and also some Crimean War batteries. That's basically all my favourite things. Not to forget about food, and the fact that some of the villas are cafés in the summer! But I was there for the villas - mostly. They are so detailed and beautiful. It felt a bit dodgy taking pictures of other people's houses, but if one moves into something so pretty (and also something of great cultural and historical value) it must be expected that others will come and see them and photograph them regardless. You'd think, at least. And there is a path dedicated to the villas after all. I love all the intricate wooden details, the pastel colours, the stained glass windows, the towers and turrets, the verandas and balconies. And I love the bathing huts. Living in one of the villas (with a matching bathing hut, of course) is one of my newest dreams and I think the pink one is my favourite. I was very taken by the lush greenery, pretty flowers, animals and nature in general as well, but honestly more preoccupied with the villas. Imagine living and getting to call this whole island home, though.












 Dress - Vero Moda // Shoes - Adidas // Sunglasses - Portobello Market // Necklace - Gift










SHARE:

2 comments

Chiara said...

I can absolutely see why you can’t stop gushing about it - it’s so beautiful! The architecture especially is breathtaking :-)

Laura Jones said...

Chiara - isn't it, doll! i'll definitely have to do some autumn visits soon, too! :-) xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig