Thursday 10 January 2019

moomin mug inspired: light snowfall


 You may have already seen this mug in some of my Project 365 posts as it's the newest and most favourite addition to my collection and obviously had to be the next one in this series. I knew I was getting the mug for Christmas so I actually took these pictures before owning the mug (apart from the ones with the mug in, obviously!).

This was the perfect day to take these photos as the mug is called "Light snowfall" and that is exactly what the weather was like. The snow doesn't show up in all the pictures that well - but it was snowing! (I did consider editing in some more snowflakes but it just doesn't feel like my style, and I liked these as is anyway.) I was very surprised that my mum agreed to come along to help take these; I definitely thought she'd be more against me gallivanting in the snow in just my grandma's old slip and her dressing gown. But she's actually been quite into helping me with my Moomin photos! Which is great, especially because taking photos in the snow on my own gets cold pretty quickly. On this day I wasn't outside that long and it wasn't even that cold, but I was freezing by the time I got back inside. Classic Laura, though.





 Out of all the Moomin books I think I've read Moominland Midwinter the most. And the moment Moomintroll experiences snowfall for the first time is such a lovely moment. It's both a bit silly and somehow touching:

"One by one, the snowflakes floated down on to his warm snout, and melted. He reached out to grab them so he could admire them for a fleeting moment. He looked towards the sky and watched them drift down towards him, more and more, soft and light as a feather. “So that’s how it works,” thought Moomintroll. “And I thought somehow that the snow grew from the ground up!”"









SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig