Thursday 8 November 2018

evening star


 My hope and expectation when thinking about and taking these pictures was to look ethereal, elvish and Arwenesque in every way. But the reality is that I am more of an Aragorn - in the photos and in real life. I was cold, windswept and at times felt and looked like I had been striding in the wilderness for weeks. My visit to the seaside and the little forest area on the peninsula was definitely closer to a couple of hours than weeks, and even though I was majorly unprepared for the frigid autumn wind I did enjoy it. Because I will love and enjoy any time spent by the sea. (I will not and have not, however, been kidding myself that it is still no-tights weather or that it's appropriate to leave the house without gloves and other autumn essentials. I don't know who and where I think I am sometimes.)






This dress, again, is one of my great second hand finds. Pretty much all of my favourite pieces of clothing are second hand, vintage or self-made to be honest and that usually combines my favourite things: saving money and the environment. But it's a miracle I actually like this dress as much as I do since I don't actually like green. But I love velvet which cancels out the colour - even if it didn't, this is one of the prettier shades of green. (The cardigan has blue in it in addition to green, so I'm allowed to love it, too. Honestly, for someone who claims to not like green, I own and wear a lot of green..) Initially I was a bit iffy about the length, too, it not quite being maxi and not quite midi. If it were longer it could be more formal wear but now I suppose it's mainly just a pretty dress!

The Evenstar necklace is something I randomly bought in Budapest last year. It's something I've really wanted to get for a long time and seemed like a great souvenir when I stumbled upon it. Not very Budapesty or Hungarian, but I love it. You can't even properly see it in most of these photos but it is so beautiful. And it gets me in the mood to reread or rewatch some Lord of the Rings.




 Dress&Coat - 2nd hand // Cardi - Grandma's old // Necklace - Budapest // Shoes - H&M // Backpack - Amazon









SHARE:

2 comments

Corinne said...

Stunning photos as always! I love the first one with the sun poking through the trees!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Laila said...

The light in these photos is just so beautiful - it looks stunning. You've really captured a mood in this set! x

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig