Monday 2 September 2019

project 365: weeks xxvii-xxxi

I'm almost done with these mega Project 365 posts and then back to (possibly) posting them weekly again. However, for now, this was July:




 182: Went from my auntie and uncle's summer cottage to my other auntie and uncle's summer cottage. I fully took advantage of all my relatives' nice places this summer in order to live that lake life!


 183: When I arrived there was this tiny squirrel (you know I am obsessed with squirrels) that had no tail. I don't know if it was lost in a fight or when a lightning struck the tree they lived on or what happened, but the poor squirrel instantly had my attention and affection. But then, the next day he was even more injured and had lost all use of its hind legs. Again I don't know if he got into a fight, escaped a predator or just fell of a tree (that's why they need the tail for balance!) or whatever. The squirrel could still drag itself into a tree but basically just fell down when trying to get to the ground. I tried to catch him so that I could've taken him to the vet or done anything to help, but only spooked him and probably made things worse. (And when calling the vet's they would've only killed him, after all, even though I would've wanted to know what's wrong and if there's anything that could be done..) In the end I saw him drag himself to a spruce where I presume he had a nest. I kept watch to see he got there okay and kept looking for hours until there was no movement anymore. The next day he was just gone and I didn't find the squirrel even though I looked everywhere. I'm hoping he died peacefully, but I was still heartbroken. Saddest day of my summer.


 184: An exciting life of crosswords and Uno.



 185: Went to Herättäjäjuhlat and also visited the church in Nivala.


 186: More Herättäjäjuhla days. I'm sure I've talked about it in previous years, but it's a religious weekend/festival/event/thing that I go to most years and that my family has gone to for generations.


 187: We were still at Herättäjäjuhlat, but left early to help my auntie freeze eat strawberries.


 188: The last day of Herättäjäjuhlat and they had proper yeehaw vibes since that's the part of the country we were in.


 189: Lake life.



 190: A mini sightseeing trip and although my squirrel died, there were still little friends at the lake. (This one was less welcome after he visited the veg patch and ate a lot of the veg.)


 191: Another squirrel friend.


 192: Arrived at my mum's.


 193: Swam on most days.


 194: Supper.


 195: Tried to take photos of this great crested grebe and its babies but they were always so far away that this is the best I've got. (I know they're actually quite common, but they're rarer in Lapland!)


 196: Taking photos near the river and the church.


 197: Breakfast.


 198: Another day, another river location.


 199: Pretty little flowers.


 200: More swimming.


 201: Took pictures at this pink church.


 202: A leftover bouquet from one of my Moomin photo shoots.


 203: Some flowers at my mum's that I planted a year ago!


 204: Can't help but eat pancakes all the time.


 205: All I do is take pictures of flowers.


 206: The view at my mum's most of the time.


 207: Ate ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner when it was hot outside.


 208: A tiny ootd.


 209: If I wasn't eating ice cream, it was watermelon - the two main food groups.


 210: Me on the hottest day of summer: "You know what would be really refreshing right now? A massive cup of hot chocolate!"


 211: A mess.


212: Was going to make bread with these chives' flowers, but never got around to it.. Have dried them now, though, and can use for something later on. These are from my auntie, who also gave me some chives that I've now planted and will be expecting to eat all the chives next year!
SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig