Friday 27 September 2019

moomin mug inspired: snorkmaiden


 "... the Snork Maiden frisked in and out between trees picking flowers to match whatever mood she happened to be in, and putting them behind her ears."

It has become considerably more autumnal since taking these photos, but we can still pretend that it's between summer and autumn and that I am a Snorkmaiden dreaming in a field of flowers. Right? And although this is less frolicking and more being horizontal, it is still a very Snorkmaidenesque mood!




I've already done one Midsummer Snorkmaiden this summer and talked about her a little. In one of the books she's introduced as "The Snork Maiden: Moomintroll's lady friend and very occupied with romantic fantasies." And although I do dislike women described (only) in relation to a male person in their life, that isn't an inaccurate description. (Describing anyone (only) in relation to someone else is off-putting, to be honest - as if they aren't a person in their own right - but even more so when it's in a patriarchal way. But that's not what I was meant to write about..) And I thought that in this mug especially she looks like she is very occupied in some kind of a romantic fantasy, looking like a dream in a sea of flowers.

I feel like lying in a field like this, cloud watching, daydreaming, just being cute outdoors is part of so many comics and cartoons - especially wholesome ones like the Moomins. As an idea it's always been so appealing to me, but the reality is a tiny bit different. In real life there's always any number of little grievances; insects and insect bites, dew, grass stains on clothing, bumpy ground or a piece of straw poking into you. I'll stay on a picnic blanket in the future, I suppose!





""Gold is even better than yellow," said the Snork Maiden. "You wait and see!""




SHARE:

1 comment

Selerit said...

I like that yellow skirt, it looks great. I will use it to match my coat. That would be great! Thanks for sharing.

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig