Wednesday 14 August 2019

moomin mug inspired: midsummer


 "While the fire slowly died down to a glow and the morning breeze lazily drifted over the grass, the Snork Maiden and the Fillyjonk gathered their secret nosegays."

 It has definitely not been Midsummer for a while anymore but who knows what time it is in Moominvalley where I for sure took these photos. And I'd much rather pretend this is what I am doing and this is what it looks like outside, instead of facing the reality of rain. Anyway, I think I say this about each one of them, but the Midsummer mug is one of my favourites. I love the whole Midsummer storyline and have been doing the same kind of Midsummer magic that Snork Maiden and Fillyjonk do with flowers ever since I can remember (it's part of Finnish/Nordic(?) folklore). The Moomins are cute and do cute things - and that's all I want to be and do as well.




 I tried to pull off a look that was at least a little Snork Maiden-esque. At least somewhat white and a semblance of a fringe. And even if it isn't quite recognizable as Snork Maiden, it was a cute little summer outfit. And trying to look cute in your summer outfit is a very Snork Maiden thing to do, after all.

I both like and dislike her at times. Sometimes she's really lovely, sometimes she gets on people's nerves. Sometimes she takes care of herself and stands up for herself, sometimes she relies on chivalry and expects things to be done for her. She likes romance, pretty things, looking pretty and such, but sometimes comes across as overly vain and too preoccupied with all that. But I suppose it's the duality of the characters that make them interesting, likeable and relatable! And, all in all, I can definitely relate to Snork Maiden most of the time.




" '...we went off to pick nine kinds of flowers and put them under our pillow and then our dreams came true. But you weren't allowed to say a word while you picked them, nor afterwards until morning.' "






 Like I said, this is one of my favourite Moomin mugs, so I'm excited to recreate the other characters in it (Fillyjonk and Mymble) on coming Midsummers/summers. This is genuinely my new favourite hobby and I have so many mugs, so many characters, so many ideas! This has been a cute Snork Maiden moment.


SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig