Friday 9 August 2019

moomin mug inspired: siesta


 Happy Moomin's Day, friends!

It is Tove Jansson's birthday and Moomin's Day that, as an ardent Moomin fan, have become one of my favourite holidays in recent years. Instead of my original plan of making a big cake and having a party (like Moomins love to do), I have had more of a relaxed day (like Moomins also love to do) - kind of like Moominpappa on his siesta. And I did have pancakes (you guessed it; like Moomins love to do).




“The world is full of great and wonderful things for those who are ready for them.”




I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the grass, being a little Moominpappa and wish this was something I did more often. I did get stung by both nettles and mosquitoes at the end, but life be like that sometimes. And that's the kind of thing that'll happen to adventurers and explorers like Moominpappa. Like he said "Life is short, the world is enormous.", so you've got to explore it. And stop for a siesta occasionally.

Maybe this will be my return to blogging, maybe it won't - who knows. I'm trying, though! And I hope you're all having the most wonderful summer - just like the Moomins would!






SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig