Saturday 8 December 2018

moomin mug inspired: the groke


This is a thing I've been thinking of for quite a while and finally decided it was at least time to start. I'm going to do a series inspired by/recreations of all of my Moomin mugs! The plan was to get to the north before proper winter to get autumnal photos, but on arrival it was rainy for almost a week, then snowed and so we're starting with wintery scenes! I'm really excited, though, as there's so many Moomin images to create, something for every season and my collection is ever-growing. I love Moomins and I know a lot of people reading my blog love and are interested in them, too, so this shoud be fun!

 I've started with the Groke - for no particular reason at first, but on second thought it felt nice to start with a somewhat more unusual character and especially the Groke since she is always seeking love, companionship and attention but unable to get it. I was trying to go through all my Moomin books to find a more sympathetic quote than "think how lonely the Groke is because nobody likes her, and she hates everybody" but that's all I could find, really. Growing up the Groke was definitely on the scarier side, but I've quite grown to like her. And it looks like she's been wandering around the neighbourhood, making everything cold and frosty as everything she touches freezes over and there's a wee bit of snow here already. She's sometimes described as "a large shapeless greyness" and I feel like that's what I'm channelling here. The light in my lamp isn't as bright, but I'm going to claim it's just because the Groke's coldness has extinguished it a bit by getting too close to it!










Hooded scarf - Self-made // Cape - Borrowed off mum // Dress - 2nd hand // Gloves - Accessorize // Shoes - H&M
SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig