Monday 24 December 2018

moomin mug inspired: winter forest


 Wishing you all a merry Christmas, happy holidays and all the best things in the form of these photos that are the second batch in my Moomin series! What could be more festive than me as Moominpappa in a winter forest looking for a Christmas tree? (Nothing, clearly!)

I don't really have a Christmas tree this year and the last time I actually took one down for my family I was about 10 years old, so it's been a while. But it was fun to pretend anyway. And I love Moominpappa so it was fun to be him as well. He's featured in quite a few of my mugs and they somehow feel like the easier ones to do which means there'll be more of him here on the blog, on Instagram, in my life and everywhere. (Just like there'll be more of Moomin things in general - how exciting!) Although, it's not quite a top hat, I do have my black hat at the ready. I borrowed this coat off my mum as it seemed like the most Moominous outerwear, but I did also (half-)joke about going to try and put on some weight so that my Moomin pictures will become more authentic when they're inspired by someone from the Moomin or Snork family. They're all just very pleasingly round (and I am not). This will have to do for now, though! I was also thinking of knitting myself a red scarf before I came across my old Liverpool scarf - not the most on-theme piece but I'm into it. And I'm still very much into this whole Moomin mug photo project. Creating these has kept me very happy, and hopefully they'll bring even a little bit of that joy to anyone else seeing them.

Anyway, hope you have the most wonderful Christmastime!















SHARE:

2 comments

Corinne said...

Hope you have a lovely Christmas! :)

Corinne x
skinnedcartree.com

Panty Buns said...

I am not at all ready for Winter myself, but I love these photos of you doing winter wonderland Moominpappa poses in the snow by all the lovely evergreen trees!
I love the Moomin Mug inspired outfit you styled for the occasion. It looks very fashionably attractive, warm, and perfect to pose for these scenic winter photos in. Your nailpolish looks beautiful.
Best wishes for year 2019!

https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2018/10/last-minute-halloween-excuse-post-with.html

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig