Wednesday 24 August 2016

midsummer












Midsummer was a small forever ago, yet here I am posting about it.

Midsummer is kind of a big deal in Finland. It's a bit like Guy Fawkes Night - or at least there's bonfires during both. The last time I was in Finland for midsummer was four years ago, so this was a nice change. I only went to a very small bonfire (more like a campfire, haha!) but it was good. Lots of bbq food and treats were good as well. Isn't food the best part of every holiday? I even had a day off for midsummer eve and was able to enjoy a long weekend - hooray! A flower crown is a midsummer essential and I was sporting one almost the entire day. Therefore it did look a bit poo by the end of the day, ha!

The photos where I'm wearing a hat are taken by my mum. She's becoming quite the fashion photographer, haha!
SHARE:

4 comments

The Equinox Fashion by Paweerata said...

I love the floral crown on you as you look so pretty!

http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

Corinne said...

I've never heard of Midsummer celebrations before, sounds awesome though as I love bonefire night!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Laila said...

That's such a gorgeous crown Laura! You look amazing xxx

Laura Jones said...

Gail J - thank you, my dear! xx

Ania Zarzycka - thank you very much, chick! x

Corinne - oh, i think you'd like midsummer, doll! it's a bit like bonfire night, but in summer and mainly just an excuse for people to drink, haha. xx

Laila - thank you, honey! xxx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig