Sunday 10 November 2019

moomin mug inspired: snorkmaiden (pink)


 It's time for me to be Snorkmaiden yet again!

Snorkmaiden is in a lot of the Moomin mugs I own and they're often the easiest to recreate since a lot of time she is not doing much and just looking pretty. Which is something I can do. This one was only a matter of wearing something pink, a necklace and an anklet, and a little bag. I made one bag that looked more like the one in the mug, but then actually found a secondhand Moomin bag and had to use both in these photos.



 I had planned to sew this dress anyway, but then finally made it this summer since it was perfect for a pink Snorkmaiden. It's a pretty basic pattern but works really well with the gingham, I think. Almost a 50s vibe. I (almost) always use old fabrics so this is an old duvet cover from my grandparents'. I've made a skirt of the same fabric but blue years ago, and still have a little of both pink and blue left so I'll probably be making more pastel gingham pieces at some point in the future. Quite pleased with this - and it has pockets! More of a summer dress, perhaps, but I'm sure I'll get a lot of opportunities to wear it anyway.

Now I miss my sewing machine and cannot wait to be reunited next month to do more projects. I'm sure I'll use this pattern again, either just like this or modify it a bit. And I always have about five sewing projects in the making or in my mind that need to be executed, so we'll see when I next finish something. Hopefully next month, though.













SHARE:

2 comments

Lizzie said...

I love that you're creating outfits...based off moomin mugs!? Everything I've read about Tove Jansson sounds great.

ALSO–it's so inspiring to see you still posting consistently! Your blog is basically my "reading list" feed at this point. Are you still discovering new blogs yourself? If so, how do you find them?

Hope all is well.

Selerit said...

I love this pink plaid dress. It looks great! I want to use it with my boutique handbags. That would be great!

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig