Saturday 9 May 2015

why don't you break my heart one more time, just for good luck









 Dress - 2nd hand/Nanso/Diy
Leather jacket - Auntie's old
Belt - Primark
Shoes - New look
Backpack&Padding - Amazon



I've come to realise that during the past year or so I've accumulated quite a few things that I've been meaning to show and share with you, but haven't. I'll have to try and change that! So here's two things that I've been wearing a lot since I got them. The dress is something I got from a friend of my mum's. You probably haven't heard of a Finnish brand named Nanso, but they often do crazy patterns and use good quality fabric, which is evident from the dress, too. It's just something really easy to throw on, I usually don't even add a belt, and I really like it. It was originally a shirt, but to make it more wearable for myself I diy'd it a little. I've sewn the slits from the sides away as well as added and changed the buttons. Such simple little things, but they still make a great change as before I did them I never wore this.

While the dress was something that was really nice to receive (my mum's friends are the actual best), the backpack is something I needed to get. 1) Because I didn't have anything to carry my camera in and 2) because my back has been so bad that I needed a backpack instead of carrying a bag on my arm or over my shoulder. Clearly I'm getting old and practical. I considered buying a proper camera backpack, but they're so pricey (and I am so poor) that I figured I'd get this and the padding so that I can remove it and use with other bags if I want/need to. The seller calls it pink, but I'd say it's more magenta/aniline, or am I colour blind? In any case I really like the colour with the leather, and kind of look forward to it looking more tattered after many adventures. This is basically my go to bag now, especially if I'm going on a day trip out of town or just spending the day out my house. And although my camera does take up about half the space inside, it's still roomy enough for me to have other essential (and not so essential) things with me.
SHARE:

12 comments

Jenna Opsahl said...

Aw this dress! Such a cute pattern and cut. Very cute backpack too!
Hope all is well with you :)

xx
scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

Kelsey&Kenecha said...

This dress is so lovely, the print is very different by so nice! Love the added belt too. & that backpack is nice I really want one but having a really hard time finding a good one.

Florals&Smiles
Twitter

Amy said...

What a lovely outfit! And I absolutely love your dress, the pattern is so cute ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

Linda said...

Such a lovely outfit!

Anonymous said...

I love this look! xo


ALLURE OBSESSED - BEAUTY BLOG // BLOGLOVIN'

esosandra said...

Pretty cool look.

Laura Mitbrodt said...

Your dress is so cute, I love it with that jacket
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

akiko hiramatsu said...

Such a cute style!
Especially your bug!
I love the combination of rose pink and chocolate blown♡

akiko

Dainté said...

love your style honey ! looks so vintage and cute !

Laura Jones said...

Jenna Opsahl - why, thank you, dear! i'm good, thanks, and hope you're too! xx

Kelsey & Kenecha - thank you, love! and i had the exact same problem before buying this backpack, it's so hard to find one that's nice and reasonably priced, ha! x

Amy - thank you, pet! xx

Linda - thank you, lady! x

Allure Obsessed - thank you, hun! xx

esosandraUTD - cheers, hon! x

Laura Mitbrodt - thank you, sweetie! xx

akiko - thank you, lovely! i really like the colours together, too:-) x

Dainté - thank you, hen! x

The Mad Twins said...

That bag is beautiful and indeed great to store you camera in *O* and the outfit is wonderful too! =D The pattern of the dress looks so artistic!

Laura Jones said...

The Mad Twins - aw, thank you, i think so too:-) and thank you very much, dear! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig