Tuesday 18 March 2014

the sun is shining, come on, get happy

Cardi - Grandma's old and made by her
Top - 2nd hand/Diy
Shorts - Primark
Scarf - Grandma's old
Shoes - New look







I really like spring. When asked what my favourite season is, I'll say summer, but that's not actually true. I like late spring and early autumn the best because the temperature is warm enough and as the seasons are changing the atmosphere is somehow different. And spring in Britain is kind of better than anywhere else. As soon as one can see the sun, there's people with practically no clothes outside. Having spent many a spring in Finland with its snowy Mays, the lack of snow is still one of the happiest spring realizations for me. Even though I've always liked spring, I never could really enjoy it in Finland. The sunshine reflecting from the snow is always so bright that every time I'd go out I'd get a headache or a migraine. So, that's not happening right about now, and it makes me happy that it's spring. Yay.

It also makes me happy to wear less clothes on a daily basis. My sense of cloth proportion in relation to the weather is quite poorly, which means that some days I still wear a cardi and a jacket and tights but some days I go out in only a dress. Honestly, if I'm too hot in today's outfit, my logic is to wear less the next day despite what the weather forecast is. How stupid is that? I'll probably catch a cold soon, but at least it's spring!

P.S. Have you guys seen the Veronica Mars movie? I've not been so happy about a film in such long time, and have been fangirling/obsessing about it so much! You can be sure that if you love Veronica Mars, I love you.
SHARE:

14 comments

Corinne said...

I'm a fan of spring too. But it can be a lie, the weather. The sun can look bright but it's still chilly outside.

Last week was lovely, wasn't it?

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Anonymous said...

You look stunning, I really love your cardi, cozy and gorgeous

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I would kill for some spring, it just snowed here last night!

Rebecca said...

So jealous of your beautiful spring weather! It won;t be spring here for awhile yet. Love your cute look! Your shorts are adorable!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca

Sam said...

this such an adorably chic bohemian outfit, love the styling! Hope you're having a good week so far.

HighlandFling said...

Laura, I love your top! The detailing on the neck is so cute. I scrolled up to see where it was from and darn it- DIY! :(

Emma x

Sakuranko said...

Oh very cute shorts!
xx

www.sakuranko.com

Laura Jones said...

Corinne - that it can, honey! and indeed, the weather was really nice and unfortunately i spent most of my time indoors, haha! xx

lavenderloafers.com - why, thank you, love! x

Krysten Gautreaux - ah, i'm sure it'll come soon, doll! xx

Rebecca - oh, well, it's started raining again, so no need to be jealous, sweetie! and thank you! x

Sam - thank you! my week's been quite alright, hope yours has been wonderful too, pet! x

Diana - thank you, chick! x

Emma - ah, sorry to disappoint you, m'dear! but thank you anyway! xx

Sakuranko - thank you, lady! xx

Lima said...

You really do look lovely! Love the fact you're wearing your gran's cardi, a true vintage piece! x

The Simply Kelly said...

I like spring too!!!

Laura Jones said...

Halima - why, thank you, honey! and i know, makes it just the little bit more special:-) x

The Simply Kelly - good good, hen! x

his_girl_friday said...

Great look! Love the grandma cardi.

Elliementary, My Dear said...

I've always really liked Spring too :) Love your polka dot shorts!

Laura Jones said...

his_girl_friday - thank you, love! x

Elliementary, My Dear - it is a good time of the year:-) and thank you, hun! x

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig