Wednesday 19 August 2020

moomin mug inspired: dark yellow

 Hello. We'll see if this post leads up to more regular posting or even occasional blogging! I was going to post this on Tove Jansson's and Moomin's Day (09/08) but had issues adding photos which did make me rethink whether or not trying to get back to this is a good idea. But I do want to! So here we are, a couple of weeks later.

As you know I'm all about the Moomins. I've actually celebrated Tove Jansson's birthday for some years now, but this year it was also a flag day in Finland - for Tove and Finnish art. And I thought these photos were the most fitting for the day. Tove loved the sea and swimming, as do I, so being a Little My floating in the river (not the sea unfortunately this time!) was the thing to do. This is also one of my older mugs from the 90s when my love for the Moomins - and Finnish art, I suppose - began.



It was a bit tricky to float in this Little My manner while the river turned out quite choppy and the sun was very bright. But it was a lot of fun and some of the photos came out decent, too. Some of the yellow water-lilies got submerged by the waves though but you can imagine there being more of them! And I tried to have an old butterfly clip of mine (90s again, hello!) in my hair as a dragonfly but it flopped out of focus most of the time. I've clumsily edited "dragonflies" into some of the pictures, though, haha! And yes, I did buy new yellow bikinis basically just for these photos - although I will obviously wear them otherwise too (and was kind of in the need for a new one anyway).


I couldn't find the quotation to accompany these photos in English. Basically it just tells how in Moominsummer Madness after the great flood almost all the water is gone - except for one small puddle that still reflects the sky and is the perfect swimming spot for Little My. Here it is in Finnish:

"Yksi ainoa vesilätäkkö kuvasti enää taivasta, ja se oli juuri sopiva uimapaikka pikku Myylle."




SHARE:

2 comments

tiny love said...

These photos are just lovely!
I hope you'll post more, I miss your blog ♥

Kailey said...

This is such a fun photo prompt, I love Moomin and how these photos turned out! <3

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig