Friday 27 March 2020

moomin mug inspired: hibernation


 Hi! Hope you're all good, healthy and home (if that is at all possible)!

I feel like now is a good time to be a little Moomin in hibernation. Although, Moomintroll has awoken and is scared, lonely and doesn't know what to do with himself (or without his Mother!) which is also somewhat apt.

This seems to be what I always say, but again, this is one of my favourite mugs. It is so pretty and I love the story in Moominland Midwinter. And all of these newer winter mugs have such lovely blues and colour palettes. You can really see the story in this one - even if you weren't that familiar with the book. I took these in two different lightings because although I love the atmosphere of the darker ones with only natural light, you can see more of the details and colours that are maybe more true to the mug in the other ones. And, yes, I did rearrange all of my mum's furniture for this and asked her to take a nap while I took these photos. Although mum's either in or helping me with a lot of these Moomin mug inspired photos, I think this is also the first time that she's Moominmamma and I Moomintroll! That's realism in the true mother and child pairing as well, ha.


"Every now and then somebody sighed and curled deeper down under the quilt. ... And now something happened that had never happened before, not since the first Moomin took to his hibernation den. Moomintroll awoke and found that he couldn't go back to sleep again. ... Finally he rose and padded over to Moominmamma's bed. He pulled at her ear very cautiously, but she didn't awake. She just curled into an uninterested ball."




 "He went to his Mother's bed and whispered a question in her ear. She sighed and turned around. Moomintroll repeated his whisper."


"All at once Moomintroll felt frightened and stopped short in the warm darkness beside the streak of moonlight. He was so terribly lonely.
'Mother! Wake up!' Moomintroll shouted. 'All the world's got lost!' He went back and pulled at her quilt.
But Moominmamma didn't wake up. For a moment her dreams of summer became uneasy and troubled, but she wasn't able to open her eyes. Moomintroll curled up on her bed-mat, and the long winter night went on."


SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig