Wednesday 26 August 2020

moomin mug inspired: inspector

Here's another little Moomin post for you! I got these yellow roses at the beginning of the summer (uh, yes, partly so that I could take these photos - that's just what I'm like these days!) so they don't look like this anymore, but there's still some new buds coming in. I'd hoped the roses would bloom again for my birthday (today!) but that didn't happen and we might have to wait until early September. And do you know who else is very much into roses? The Inspector from the Moomins!

So I bought yellow roses and I bought this plant mister so that I could be the Inspector. (Wanted the roses anyway and needed a mister anyway, too!) My sailor playsuit looked enough like a uniform and my hat kind of like a helmet. We all know that the police are generally speaking garbagé but perhaps the Inspector is an exception. He's watching over Moominvalley and its inhabitants but since there's not a whole lot of crime, the Inspector mainly likes to tend to his roses. What a dreamy Moominvalley existence.


"It's always seemed peaceful to me."

Inspector's thoughts on Moominvalley and its forest.



I went to take some of these photos in a nearby field to get the most greenery but ended up taking more in my mum's garden as well. As this was in early July, there were still so many mosquitoes that it was a struggle to stay still for the photos and I was running around the garden from time to time, trying to trick the mosquitoes into leaving me alone. (It doesn't work that way, ha.) But we managed to get some good pictures and I was just as pleased with my roses as the Inspector. I miss having my own garden and definitely wish my life was more like the Inspector's: lots of time for hobbies, lots of gardening, lots of happiness.










 

SHARE:

1 comment

Corinne said...

The roses are lovely! I really want to get some for our garden next year :)

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig