Wednesday 22 January 2020

winter rail yard and winter knitting


 Hello. It's been a while.

I've started this year very slowly. (And will probably continue it slowly.) My life is basically just uni, baking, reading and knitting right now. And here's one of my knitting projects that I finished last month! The pictures are from last month as well when I was in Lapland where there's actually snow (we're having a rubbish winter in the south!) and this railway yard was looking very cute and wintry.



 I really like this cardigan. It's quite slouchy and warm and has already been worn quite a lot. I basically chose this pattern because you could knit it in one piece without having to sew different pieces together - which is something I don't enjoy in knitting and am not that good at yet. And the design pattern is cute, too; quite classic. I had this off-white/beige colour yarn that I used up instead of the intended white, but I think I actually prefer this colour. And it's always good to use up any leftover yarns you have! (Like now I have a lot of this forest green left from this cardigan and I don't know what to do with it. It looks good with the rest of the colours, but I don't actually like it on its own! Someones going to get ugly-green socks as a present in the future..) The hem and sleeves still roll up and that does make it look a bit untidy, but that'll most likely go away after a wash.

Now, what should I knit next?






 Cardigan - DIY // Top - Vintage // Skirt - Zara // Shoes&Hat - H&M



SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig