Thursday 28 December 2017

thursday thoughts pt. 47






This quotation felt apt for the season. It's been full of present wrapping and giving and receiving (I assume for you as well as it has for me), and I know it'll still continue when seeing more family and friends going into the new year. And I know I am not the best at showing gratitude any time of the year. Especially now that I've been such a Grinch for weeks. There's one New Year's resolution idea, though, if that's something you do: showing gratitude. Would be easy to start with sending thank-you notes or messages to everyone! Although, as my use of the words 'thank you' are mostly in a sour manner of saying "thanks, but no", it'd be even easier for me to actually be more genuinely grateful and thankful for everything and everyone in my life. Because I do feel both grateful and thankful, but - as someone who struggles with showing feelings in general - have a hard time or plain forget showing it. That's where I'm at with gratitude and, clearly, really could use this quote as a reminder. How about you, is gratitude and showing it quite natural to you or was this a reminder that you could do more in that department, too?
SHARE:

6 comments

Corinne said...

I love this post, it's like me all over!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Lizzie said...

Yes to showing more gratitude! I want to do the same.

Cheers to a return to blogging. I'm thinking I'll get there too.

Laura Mitbrodt said...

That illustration is so cute

Happy New Year

xo

www.laurajaneatelier.com

Katie said...

what a BEAUT little quote to start my day with! really similar to one i have pinned on my wall actually which says "if you have the power to make someone happy, do it. the world needs more of that". definitely one of my favourite life mantras and one im going to continue living by in 2018 - or trying to at least! i ain't no saint.

katie. xx lacoconoire.com

ALLIE NYC said...

This sounds like a great idea. Not being grateful is the scourge of the west. Everyone always looks for reasons to not be happy. One blogger I came across wrote about 2017 being a challenging year for her, and sitting alone in her apartment. I was waiting for a hardship story, but no she has a loving successful husband, a healthy little girl, a thriving business and good health. But she had experienced "unhappiness" because her responsibilities made her feel tied down. To me this says it all about the west and it's first world problems.

Allie of ALLIENYC
www.allienyc.com

Laura Jones said...

Corinne - haha, thank you, dear! xx

Lizzie - good luck - hope we'll do better! and thank you! hope to see you sooner or later, lovely! xx

Laura Mitbrodt - thank you, lady! xx

Katie - glad you like it, chick! yours is great as well. and trying is all we can do, haha! xx

Allie - thanks, hen! it does seem a lot of people could do with more gratefulness in their life and a lot of the things we hear about are very much first world problems. of course you never know what goes on in another's life, but in some cases it really does look as if people ignore the good things in their lives while looking for something else or more. xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig