Wednesday 21 March 2018

barcelona: more gaudi


Is it a surprise that I'm back with even more Gaudí? But there can never be too much Gaudí, can there. The other buildings I saw or visited in Barcelona were Casa Milà or La Pedrera, Sagrada Família and the Palau Güell. And they're all obviously beautiful.






Casa Milà is somewhat similar to Casa Batlló (although none of Gaudí's designs can really be seen as similar or the same as they're all one-of-a-kind and very unique) in it's curves but without the colour outside. Some of the motifs in Casa Milà were actually originally intended for Batlló. As the two are close by each other, it's easy to compare them and see both the similarities and differences. Palau Güell is close to Las Ramblas, so if you're in the area, it's worth checking out. Although, I must admit that the exterior does not look as impressive as the other Gaudís I've talked about. And then there's Sagrada Família, of course. To be honest, beforehand I wasn't too fussed. I was all about Casa Batlló and "didn't get" the appeal of Sagrada Família. But then I was standing in front of it and it was something else. It's wild to think how its construction began in 1882 and it might still take over 10 years to finish it.

As I was in Barcelona only for a couple of days, I couldn't fully visit all of the places I wanted to. And as most of the Gaudí buildings' entrance fees are around 20-25euros, I only chose to fully explore Casa Batlló and Park Güell. But I'm excited to have lots of Gaudí (and other) places to visit on my next trip sometime in the future. I'll definitely be revisiting these, going inside at least Sagrada Família, and also ticking off all the Gaudís I didn't get to see last summer. So exciting!

Do you have a favourite Gaudí - in Barcelona or somewhere else? I'd love to hear recommendations of places I've not been to yet or observations of the ones I've mentioned so far!












SHARE:

2 comments

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

I really apprecciate this architecture!

NEW REVIEW POST | THE ONLY WAY TO BE ABLE TO STYLE MY HAIR. :D
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

Laura Jones said...

Miguel Gouveia - it is stunning, isn't it, hon! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig