Wednesday, 2 April 2014
just give me all the bacon and eggs you have
I have pretty much a month's Easter holiday and, as I have no plans, all this free time could (and still can) lead into me staying in bed watching plenty of TV shows. So yesterday I decided to do something constructive instead and baked. I've so many recipes to try, and if you so fancy, I'll share even more of them with you! This cream cheese and bacon tart is one of my favourite things to bake. I think I have three different bacon tart/pie/quiche/pancake/whatever recipes that I use regularly, but this is definitely my favourite. And bacon is my favourite, too.
Shortcrust pastry (I make my own, but any kind is fine!)
4 rashes streaky bacon
3 egg yolks
225g cream cheese
1,5dl double cream
3 sliced tomatoes (skinned if you can bother)
1. Line your flan ring/tart tin with the pastry. Once you've cut, fried and dried the bacon, arrange in the bottom of the pastry case.
2. Beat the egg and yolks, add the softened cream cheese and beat until smooth. Gradually beat in the cream and season with salt&pepper.
3. Pour the mixture over the bacon and arrange the tomatoes on top.
4. Bake in the centre of the oven (200°C) for 20min, lower heat to 180°C and bake for a further 10min.
5. Enjoy the tart garnished with chopped chives!
Hope your week and April (!) has started well♥!
P.S. I do know that I'm not actually using a proper tin for this tart, but it did turn out alright. You should have an 8inch one for the amount of filling used and I'd recommend not having a tin this shallow. A lot of my baking things are at my mum's or are my mum's; either way, it's sad.
xoxo Laura Jones at 2:16 am