Thursday, 29 March 2012

the help









 


I watched "The Help" today and it really is the best movie I've seen in quite some time. I cried pretty much at every scene and my thoughts were mostly about how hateful white people are. Obviously, not so much anymore, but it is shocking to think that still in the 60s most white families pretty muched owned their coloured servants.

On the other hand, the costumes were really good; some seriously lovely dresses. Anyway, I think the film was beautiful. Can't remember the last time when a film affected me this strongly. If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend you to do so! :)


All pictures from We heart it.

5 comments :

Marisa Noelle said...

I absolutely loved this film! I was in tears as well. Heartbreaking to think about how true much of it was.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

I saw this movie.Excellent. No wonder it got so many academy awards. I thought the Iron Lady will get more awards. The Iron Lady is also a fantastic movie.

Have a nice day,
Joseph

Bonnie said...

I have never read the book nor have I seen the movie. I suck.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

jessica sandoval said...

Not only was this movie super aesthetically pleasing to my 60's side, but the story was good, as well! Emma Stone was beautiful, and the acting was fantastic, and it was the perfect mix of funny and heartbreak. That last scene when Viola Davis' character gets fired and she goes up to the child and says "You is kind, you is smart, you is important" for the last time, I lost it ;__;

It was soo good!

Laura said...

Marisa Noelle - i know, doll, such a brilliant film! and it really is heartbreaking, good thing a lot has changed since then! x

Joseph Pulikotil - it really is an excellent movie and so is "The Iron Lady"! they really did deserve their awards! x

Bonnie - aw, no you don't, love! but i'd recommend you to watch it some time, and i too have to read the book! x

jessica sandoval - i agree with everything you said, dear! it really was the perfect mix of funny and heartbreak, and aesthetics too:-) so, so good! x